Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Kind of Town

I stumbled upon the questionnaire below while online browsing, and I thought it would be a good idea to try and answer the same questions about my beloved city, Miami. Miami is a beautiful city, and I truly do love living here, as I have expressed before. Sometimes while driving on the causeway getting to or leaving the beach I get goosebumps, I know cheesy but true! So read below for just some things I love about Miami, I would love to hear your opinions also, so dont be shy.

Miami is my City.

The first place I take a visitor from out of town is Lincoln Road, probably dinner at Quattro. (one of my favorite Miami restaurants)

When I crave seafood I always go Garcia's or Joe's. (depending on my budget that month)

To escape tourists I head to the grove/sunset/midtown areas. (there might some tourists in the grove but nothing like the beach)

If I want to have a great martini I go to The Setai Bar and order a Chili Passion Martini .(http://www.miami.com/clink-setai-summer-cocktails-article)

For complete quiet, I can hide away Upstairs at the Starbucks on Sunset and 57th – at least my type of quiet; I don’t do well in complete silence.

If you come to my city, get your picture taken with the roosters in little Havana, the flamingos in coral gables, and the peacocks in the grove.
http://criticalmiami.com/2007/10/01/the-little-havana-roosters
http://diamond-back.com/photos/flamingos/index2.html
http://www.local10.com/entertainment/23947001/detail.html

Norman Brothers is my one-stop shop for a great dinner party: fresh food, distinct wines, and beautiful flowers.

When I'm feeling cash-strapped I go to one of the many ladies nights offered around town, Georges on Wednesdays, Segafredos on Thursdays.

For a huge splurge I go to for food: Prime 112 or Red Steakhouse, for shoes: saks/neiman bal harbor shoe department, for clothes: intermix on the beach.

Photo ops in my city include any Pier overlooking the ocean, the sunset, the Biltmore & Vizcaya.

The most random thing about my city is that there are people from all over the world, the new melting pot.

My city has the most chauvinistic men. (or maybe that’s just the Cuban men)

My city has the most beautiful women. (from L.A to NYC I have never seen as a whole more beautiful women than in Miami)

In my city, an active day outdoors involves Running or Bike Riding the Key Bridge, and Paddle Boarding, a new trend.

My city's best museum is the only museum I've been to lately is the Children's Museum with my niece and nephew - cant beat the scenery! (http://www.miamichildrensmuseum.org/)

My favorite walking route is - everyone drives really in Miami- but I suppose up and down Lincoln Road watching all the doggies, and walking the gables shopping scene going in and out of boutiques.

For a night of dancing, i go to Wall or Mokai.

For live music, i check out Bardot or Hoy Como Ayer.

For a pitcher of beer and a game of pool, i go to Scully’s Tavern (and amazing escargots), honorary mentions Barracudas & Ted’s hideaway.

Sushi Sake on brickell, La sandwicherie or San Loco on the beach is the spot for late-night eats.

To find out what's going on at night and on the weekends, i read Daily Candy Miami or Thrillist.

You can tell a lot about my city from the nightlife, non-stop.

You can tell if someone is from my city by just looking at them, how they dress, compose themselves, and or speak (at least I can).

In the spring you should spend time on a boat, go to carnival on the mile, and the sony ericsson.

In the summer you should go to the beach/pool as much as possible, rent a hotel on ocean or collins and pretend you're a tourist (its fun) & eat lots ice cream.

In the fall you should go to a harvest festival, eat anything pumpkin, and go to a heat game (the season opener is always around Halloween).

In the winter you should eat dinner/ have drinks outside a lot, before it becomes too hot and unbearable again, and get your pictures taken with santa!

A hidden gem in my city is the room (and no I won’t tell you where it is).

For a great breakfast joint try Morgans, feels like you’re in a house in Key West (for something new) or Greenstreet (for a classic).

Don't miss Art Basel festival in December, OR South Beach Wine & Food Festival in March.

Just outside my city, you can visit Key Largo, Key West, Disney World, Bimini, & Atlantis.

The best way to see my city is from a Boat.

If my city were a pet it would be a Dolphin (for the Miami Dolphins DUH).

If I didn't live in my city, I'd live - I really can’t picture myself anywhere but Miami, maybe California, San Fran, San Diego, Santa Monica (just NOT L.A.).

The best book about my city is Miami Then and Now , really shows how much this city has grown.

When I think about my city, the song that comes to mind is Feeling Hot Hot Hot! Welcome to Miami Bievenido a Miami.

If you have kids, you won't want to miss Trick or Treating outdoors, sunset place, merrick park, Lincoln road.

Celia Cruz, Gloria Estefan, Pitbull, Rick Ross could only happen in my city.

My city should be featured on your cover or website because Miami has everything for everyone, and its still growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...