Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dream Away - Met Gala

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute gala a/k/a the met gala was held last night in NYC. The Met Gala is always a favorite event of mine to see who will come wearing what. Known as the event where attendees will take the most risks and love to stand out. There are always those who push the envelope in their fashion choices, and then there are the ones that play it safe, beautiful but safe. I would likely be one of the ones playing it safe, but then again I have never been invited to the Met Gala, maybe one day. The red carpet at this event is bigger than the Oscars, the Golden Globes, and the SAG awards all put together. I for one was glued to my laptop on various sites (mostly popsugar.com) for minute to minute coverage of what everyone was wearing. I highly suggest that next year E! Or Style network or any other channel covers this event live, I am not sure why this has not already happened? If anyone knows the answer please share. Anyways I'm highly anticipating the day I can view the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition myself. I am traveling to NYC for Memorial Day weekend and you can pretty much guarantee I will stop by to check it out. Here are some of my favorites from last night, its no surprise to me that three of the five dresses below are strapless. I am a sucker for a princess strapless dress, especially if it has sparkles. Some other trends I saw were long sleeves, bare backs, and bright colors.
Ashley Greene in one of a kind Donna Karen - Perfection!

Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson - Oh! so Sexy. Diane in Jason Wu

Dakota Fanning out of a fairy tale in Valentino

Sarah Jessica Parker looking effortlessly chic in the man of the hour Alenander McQueen


Liv Tyler in Givency - the pop of yellow is my faovrite part

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...