Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Song is You

Music. Think about where you would be if there was no music. How would you celebrate, how would you deal with your emotions, how would you get crazy and party, how would you fall in love? Sometimes when I hear specific songs I get this feeling down in my core to my gut that the song had to have been written for me and for what I am dealing with at that exact moment. I find it so fascinating that a different genre of music a different artist can change your whole entire mood and attitude. Music can transform you and move you to different times of your life, i know that certain songs for me take me back to specific moments and they will always hold their special place. I have to believe that everyone has felt this before, that powerful feeling that you cant help but just relive when you hear that special song. My all time favorite of course being Frank Sinatra I love every single song, but some in specific touch me so emotionally that unless you feel it, I don’t think it can be described to you. There’s music for falling in love, music for breaking up, and music for partying and letting go forgetting about everything. To say that you are only a fan of one or two specific genres to me is just depriving yourself of everything that can be good in music and life. Open yourself up listen to everything the old classics, the songs that everyone knows, and the ones that maybe only you and a couple of your friends know. Music has saved me so many times I just wanted to say thank you, i am grateful to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...