Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Best of Everything

Today we say goodbye to September, and I'm so excited it almost feels like Christmas Eve. This is because tomorrow is the beginning of my favorite month of the whole year. October is here!!!! There are so many reasons why I love October its hard for me to pick my number one ultimate reason but I’m going to try and express my love for this month, and before you know it maybe you too will love October. First there is the slight, and I mean very slight, change in the weather. Living in Miami I don’t really get to experience the change of seasons but today when I woke up the weather was just a little bit lighter and breezier. Its feels so yummy and hopefully it will only continue to keep cooling off. There’s the return of pumpkin in my life. I will be eating and drinking everything and anything that has pumpkin in it for the next couples of months because before I know it, pumpkin will be gone again and ill have to wait a whole year. There are pumpkin spice lattes, there’s pumpkin yogurt from the TCBY down the street from my house, fresh pumpkin raviolis from Italian restaurants, pumpkin soup. Can you tell my excitement? So far I have only had the lattes so I really need every other restaurant to catch up already. Third there's the food & wine festival in Epcot, Walt Disney World, it's around the whole month of October (this year extended until Nov. 14)  I have been going to this event for the past I don’t even know how many years (like 8 probably). Also, this year I’m giving myself an even bigger treat and I’m going to the Food Network New York City Food & Wine Festival Grand Tasting http://www.nycwineandfoodfestival.com/2010/event_detail.php?id=89. This makes me so happy because not only will I be doing two of my favorite things, eating and drinking wine, ill get to experience the change of the season in beautiful new york city.

Now my most favorite reason why I love October....HALLOWEEN!!!!! Yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday, more than Thanksgiving and Christmas, I just love everything about it. There are two different types of people in this world; those that love to dress up and those that hate to dress up, and I LOVE to dress up. No matter how old I am when Halloween comes around I feel like a little kid again. My favorite part of Halloween though is dressing up my nephew and my niece and taking them trick or treating at a local outside mall. There’s nothing like that. So, for the next month except to see a huge smile on my face because I have so many things to be happy about. I truly am fortunate and blessed. Happy October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...